Friday, June 15, 2012

Lost in Fairy Tales

Lost in Fairy Tales was Dace Brakmane's solo exhibition that took place over the weekend of 25th to 27th May 2012.

Here is what Dace wrote about the exhibition (hope she doesn't mind me using this on my blog):

"From my childhood I remember that my grandmother believed in the godess of the rainbow. My mother told me to tidy up before bed, otherwise the godess of fortune could break a leg. I believed in forest spirits who left candies for me (or as I later found out, my grandfather) to find when i went out to explore forest.

In this exhibition I share some of my favorite fairy tale heros. Mystic creatures are revealed by delicate and thoughtfull pencil and ink drawings that capture your imagination. 


Look. Dream. Believe."


 
And there was a chocolate fountain!



No comments:

Post a Comment