Sunday, July 22, 2012

My quest for Laotian food takes me to the USA...

I've been struggling with some countries, one of which is Laos. However a colleague let me know about some food called laab which is eaten in Laos.  He even made some and brought it into the office and it was very tasty.  It's a kind of ground sour and spicy meat dish.

So, laab take 1 was at Hawksmoor near Brick Lane.  They serve it on their bar menu.  Unfortunately their bar is only open in evenings and I went during the day.

Laab take 2 was the Pitt Co. food truck under Hungerford Bridge.  Unfortunately they'd just run out when we arrived.

Laab take 3 was at Pitt Co's permanent restaurant in Soho.  We finally sat down only for the waitress to say they were all out of laab!


We had a very tasty southern US barbeque style pulled pork and 'slaw instead.


Pitt Co's restaurant is very small but the service is fast and the food tasty.

Laab 4 was another trip to Pitt Co's van, only to find they didn't have any laab that day.  Since I've tried 4 times to visit Laos I am going to add it to my blog, because I am annoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment