Friday, November 23, 2012

Time and Vision

Time and Vision was an art exhibition drawing together work from Australian artists and was hosted by my favourite arts venue in London The Bargehouse, down by the Oxo Tower.

Works ranging from sculpture, film and photography by the following Australian artists were on display over the three upper floors of the building:

Daniel Crooks
Nicole Ellis
Patrick Kartigan
Paul Knight
Jaki Middleton & David Lawrey
Vanilla Netto
Lyndall Phelps
Tom Pop
Helen Pynor
Erica Seccombe
Sally Smart
Renee So
Kathy Temin
Michelle Ussher
Daniel Von Sturmer

 Untitled, 2012 by Paul Knight


This was an installation by the artists Jaki Middleton & David Lawrey.  It made me smile so much.  The installation only starts up once you've entered the room.  For a split second I was stood in the dark and I wasn't sure what I was looking at.  And suddenly there was dancing, flashing lights and Michael Jackson music and once I'd recovered from the shock I was a very happy person!  In fact, I found it so funny, I took my friend Lizzy back there the next day, just to watch her reaction to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment