Friday, November 12, 2010

The lowdown

I had a brief look to see if there's a guide like this already and I didn't find one yet.  I did find a cool blog of two friends who tried to meet someone from every country in the world living in London and a photographer who tried to take a photo of someone from every country in the Olympics.  You can find their blogs here:

www.worldinonecity.blogspot.com

www.theworldinonecity.net

As a little aside, I found it interesting that the two guys from the first blog said that they didn't know many foreign people in London before they started this project and found that the foreign people tended to have lots of friends from other countries rather than British friends.

My experience so far in London has confirmed this, though I've found myself in the second group (the foreigners).  I hardly know any British people here in London at all.

I'm not going to give myself any time limits or a certain number of countries I have to find, I'm just going to travel the world without going further than Zone 6, without spending too much money and I'll share my experiences here. 

I'm going away for a week to Germany and Spain so I'm going to start my world tour when I get back.  As I've been in London for 8 months now I'll do a quick retrospective of my 'world travels' in this city so far.

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment