Friday, April 22, 2011

Salla part two

Location: Soho
Countries: Greece, Turkey, Egypt among others
Cost: £3 before 11 and £5 after



Salla has been running for a while in Soho at Escape bar and I thought it was about time I went along to see how it compared to the old location at Highbury and Islington. 


The good news is that the price has gone down and the event frequency has gone up!  The new location seems to have made a huge difference too. Escape is quite small so it felt very busy. 



There was even a male belly dancer who performed in the middle of the dancefloor at one point.  And the music was as good as ever with several songs I recognised. I went along with a Turkish guy so kept asking him "is this song Turkish?"


Website again: www.salla.co.uk/3.html

2 comments:

  1. His name is Ozgen and he will teach belly dance in Oriental Istanbul this August! It's so funny that I randomly came across this blog post :)
    The programme's here: www.orientalistanbul.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Minikbalina, you're the first person to comment on my blog. And I thought nobody was reading it except me :) He makes belly dancing look so easy!

    ReplyDelete