Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet Handz

As soon as I spotted another couchsurfing event to go try Ghanaian food I jumped at the chance to join.  The organiser, Bibby, had vouchers for the restaurant so we paid £8 and got a starter, a main course and a glass of wine or a beer.  Bibby is such a great organiser that she even anticipated everyone turning up with £10 notes so brought along a little stock of £2 coins to give to us.

I had Tsofi for my starter which is deep fried turkey tail with onion, chilli, ginger and special spices. It came with spicy shito sauce and a milder tomato sauce.  

As a main course I had fufu.  I chose cassava with peanut soup and mutton.  

Bibby's stepfather is from Ghana so she knew what all the food was, and explained each of the dishes to us.  I have to say, I didn't really enjoy the food but it was still an enjoyable experience and I know a little bit about Ghanaian food now.

Coincidentally I was looking for some Kwaito on youtube at work a few days later when I stumbled across some great Ghanaian music.  So that was my playlist sorted for the office for that week.


http://www.sweethandz.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment