Monday, February 13, 2012

Back at the British Museum

I'm down to the last 50 or so countries and it's starting to get a bit tricky to find things for some of them so I headed back to the British Museum in the hope I might uncover some new countries there.

I was quite surprised to find that the Americas galleries consist of North America and Mexico only. I think South America could be the continent that I struggle with the most at the end of the journey round the world.

I did have some luck though with a pot from Togo I also saw some work by a Togolese artist at the design festival but some of the artists were in the gallery so I got intimidated and didn't make any notes (artists can be quite intimidating in their own arty way!).

Anyway back to the British Museum for the next few posts...

Pot from Togo( (the top right one according to the sign)

Cloths from Comoros.

Helmet and Shield, made from palm fibre, cane and hide by the Musuyum people from Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment