Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Kaieteur Kitchen

I arrived at Kaieteur Kitchen in Elephant and Castle in a bit of a state: hungry, shivery and generally hungover from way too much partying at Momo's the night before.  So I went up to the Guyanan food stall and stood there generally looking a bit pale and pathetic until the lady behind the counter took pity on me.

She asked me if I wanted a snack or a meal to which I replied 'A meal, I'M SO HUNGRYYYY!' She told me about all the food I could choose from and I decided on chicken curry.  She served a big portion of spinach rice and then showed me and asked if I wanted a bit more.  And then asked if I was sure when I said the portion size looked ok which resulted in a Oliver Twist style moment and a big portion of lunch which perked me right up.

I also bought a coconut bun to take home as a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment