Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tiroler Hut

Tiroler Hut is an Austrian restaurant over in Bayswater has been runnning since 1967.

If I had to sum up Tiroler Hut in a few words they would be:

 Wienerschnitzel von schweim

Kassler/smoked port with sauteed potatoes and mild sauerkraut (how it should be in my non-German opinion)

A wide range of live music including (but not limited to) schlager and yodelling music.  The best part of the evening was when one of the guys came over and did a saxophone solo to 'La Vie en Rose' for the birthday girl at the table next to us.  There was also cowbell music scheduled for later that evening, although I didn't stay late enough to see it.

 Kitch! There were lots of photos all over the walls of people who have visited the restaurant in the past, including some celebrities.


I am now a little bit of a fan of very romantic schlager music from the 1970s.  And it's all thanks to the Tiroler Hut that I now have stuff like this on my playlist:


And the whole evening was rounded off by a shot of strong obstler.

No comments:

Post a Comment