Sunday, September 4, 2011

Macedonian men and chocolate

After a long fruitless journey trying to find a shop that sells Armenian products, which seemed to have closed down I arrived at Vardar in Shepherds Bush. 


Most of the shops I have visited so far have been quite big so I've been able to look round and take some sneaky snaps on my phone. However when I had a quick peep into Vardar I saw two guys sat at a table and no aisles to hide in at all. So I thought i should probably ask their permission before I just started taking photos. 


I went up to the first guy to tell him about my Macedonian friend in London (Sasho) but he pointed me to the second guy to translate. Whilst the second guy was showing me some cheeses a third guy came in and it wasn't clear to me if he worked in the shop or not. 


I thought I'd give some Macedonian products a try and since they had a special offer of 3 chocolate bars for £1 this seemed like a good choice. A bit of toing and froing followed during which I was trying to decide which guy I should pay and the guys were trying to decide what I was saying. Suddenly one of the guys said that I could have the chocolates as a gift!  So out I trotted of the Macedonian shop with 3 bars of banana flavoured chocolate.



No comments:

Post a Comment