Sunday, September 4, 2011

Barraco Cafe

Elisa, who I met through my Couchsurfing friend Dani, organised a dinner at Barraco Cafe in Kilburn.

I went out for a coffee with a colleague before the meal so arrived a bit later than the others.  As I headed from Kilburn Park tube station I started to wonder if I'd gone the wrong way, the side street that Barraco is on seems so residential that I almost turned back to try another direction.  But suddenly there it was.

Having eaten out a lot recently I decided just to have a main course but one of the guys, Dave, decided to try several starters and was very generous and encouraged us all to help ourselves.


 Mandioca Frita (fried yams)
Calabreza Acebolada (grilled Brazilian sausages with onions)

For my main course I tried to be healthy so chose Peito de Frango with feijao and salada (grilled chicken breast with beans and salad).  The main course was hearty but I preferred the starters so it was great that Dave let us eat his!


The restaurant is quite quirky and I loved the decorations. The tables were quite close together but it meant that the evening was more friendly - a family were sat at the table next to us and their little girl was trying to feed chips to her soft toy.  Once the family left a couple came to sit next to us and I realised I knew the guy from Club Espeng language exchange.  London can be a small city sometimes...


The toilets

Products for sale

I really enjoy meals where everyone takes their time to chat and get to know each other whilst enjoying the food.  Hopefully there will be more of these during my blog travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment