Monday, August 29, 2011

IAAF World Championships Daegu 2011

Last week I made a list of all the countries left to visit for my blog.  As I was making the list I started to get a bit discouraged: where on earth was I going to find something to do for Antigua & Barbuda? Or Guinea Bissau? And I like to consider myself a fairly educated person but I´d never even heard of Kiribati.

Today I've been watching the IAAF World Championships.  I´m not even into sport really but it was really inspiring to see all the athletes pushing themselves to win, to better themselves and to represent their country.  It was also brilliant to see ´the bladerunner´ competing.

It´s given me a sense of what the atmopshere might be like at the Olympics next year and it´s made me really want to go for it with my little project.  I think I'm going to have to get some advice where to look when I get to the final countries and I'm still not sure if it will be possible to do a 'world tour' in London but I'm going to give it my best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment