Sunday, August 21, 2011

National Geographic Society

The National Geographic Society has a shop, cafe and gallery on Regent Street.  You can buy all kinds of things there from children's toys to furniture, have a look at the photographs on display, watch a documentary upstairs and then have a drink in the ground floor cafe. I even remember something about a really cold room downstairs which I didn't venture into.

I have to say that I was a bit put out that this shop is so close to my night bus stop and it's still taken me nearly a year and a half to notice it.  I think this must be because I'm usually busy staring at cakes in the cafe right next to the stop.


On the wall of the staircase down to the lower floor there is a display of notable National Geographic figures.


At some point round the shop I noticed there was a sign that said 'No photography' at which point I stopped taking photos.  I'd already taken these two though, and it seemed a shame not to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment