Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bolivian BBQ

As soon as I arrived in Parradillas del Sur on Old Kent Road I felt like I'd traveled very far from Zone 6.  In fact, I felt more like I was a foreigner on holiday here than any other place in London so far.

Quite a few people stopped to look at us when we went into the restaurant and it felt like we might have been the only non Bolivians there.

The waiter was super nice about explaining the dishes to us in Spanish (for my friend Dani) and in English (for Elisa and I).  

I had pique macho which is essentially a big pile of beef, sausages, chips, egg, tomato and onions. I had mocochinchi to drink which I've since learned is made from peaches.


There was some dancing going on at the bar at the back of the restaurant and an awesome mix of South American music - reggaeton, merengue, salsa.


No comments:

Post a Comment