Friday, August 5, 2011

Cartoon sex

My second art gallery day started at the Gagosian on Britannia Street near to Kings Cross.

They were displaying an exhibition by Takashi Murakani.  I wasn't allowed to take any photos in the gallery and there were 6 big security guys in suits around which made me intimidated enough not to try to get a sneaky shot.

In fact given that the exhibition included a giant golden penis and a huge silver vagina I felt a bit strange knowing that six stacked guys were watching me looking at genitalia.  There were also a few sculptures of manga-like depictions of women: one with huge breasts and one dressed a sexy manga nurse.

Since I couldn't take photos you can check out the display here:

I also got a free mini cardboard model of one of the sculptures to make.  If I remember I will put up a picture once I've 'built' it.


Time Out only gave the exhibition one star out of five but I really liked the art and quite enjoyed that the experience of actually looking round the gallery was so odd.  Beats elbowing people out the way at the Tate Modern anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment