Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Garlic and Shots

I'm not entirely sure if Garlic and Shots is supposed to have a theme.  If it does, then is it Sweden? Metal? Garlic? Shots?

My colleagues and I had some horrifically spicy 'blood shots' which would certainly have been the antidote for any flirting/pulling if that had been my aim for the evening.



An odd experience altogether in this bar really; as I was leaning to take a photo of this curious looking person a girl told me that I shouldn't be in the bar because I was wearing the wrong kind of clothes.  I'm not sure what she thought would be the right kind of clothes to go with garlic/metal/Sweden.  I've found so far whilst doing this blog that I've felt welcome everywhere that I have been to (apart from maybe the Gargosian where I felt a bit like I was in some kind of peeping tom experience).


Of course it could be that she objected to the fact that I had forgotten to switch off my MASSIVE chainsaw....

Then later in the evening I noticed that our table appeared to be a flat rectangle of wood placed on top of a wooden box and that if I lifted it slightly I could put my fingers in the box because it was hollow.  At which point I told me colleague 'this box thing appears to be hollow.' and he replied 'it's a coffin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment