Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ravi Shankar in Euston

My trip to Ravi Shankar vegetarian South Indian restaurant ended with my friends humming Unchained Melody and swaying from side to side whilst the waiters took it in turns to rub my leg.

Fortunately there is a good explanation:

1. We had a delicious meal - ordered lots of dishes which we shared and I had a brilliant rose flavoured icre cream drink with basil seeds and vermicelli called Falooda.
2. The dishes and plates got very hot.
3. The tables had just been repainted.
4. Either due to 2 or not the paint was wet on the table leg and ended up all over my trousers.
5. The waiters tried to get the paint off.
6. My friends thought this was funny. Hence the romantic humming.


I also discovered that there are quite a few other Indian restaurants in this area which I hadn't realised.

No comments:

Post a Comment