Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Abracadabra


To say that Abracadabra restaurant in Piccadilly is ‘quirky’ would be a bit of an understatement.   They serve a mix of Russian and British food, they have three tropical birds in cage by the bar, the urinals in the men’s toilets are shaped like mouths, the owner has a photo of him and Cherie Blair by one of the tables and there’s a huge chandelier above the main table (which is a revolving table).  We were also the only people in the entire restaurant.

I had pickled vegetables as a starter and my friend Paul had borscht.  I had pelmeni for my main course - spiced pork and beef dumplings with sour cream which was delicious.  I tried out the Georgian wine with the meal.  We were both too full to manage any dessert.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment