Monday, December 24, 2012

Ghana Festival


The Ghana Festival led me to the very end of the Northern Line as it took place in a National Trust place in Morden.  It was an event that started in the afternoon and I think took place until last into the evening, but I had to leave fairly early.

A section of the park was cordoned off for the event and inside were a number of stall selling Ghanaian food and products, from Ultimalt to KLM flights to Accra.

One of the clothes stalls had their own sound system and the guys on the stall were competing with the main stage to see who could play the loudest music.   I would call it a noisy draw. A dance off sprung up next to the stall as guys egged each other on to bust some moves in front of the growing crowd.

It was a pity that I had to leave early, as things just seemed to be warming up for a big party....




No comments:

Post a Comment