Monday, December 24, 2012

Czech beer at Lounge Boheme


Lounge Boheme is a little bar tucked away on the corner of Great Eastern Street.  You have to book in advance to get a seat because it’s really a small place.

Once we’d made our way down the newspaper lined staircase, we were welcomed at the bar and shown to our booth.  The furniture has a very 1950s feel about it and the drinks menus are hidden away within the covers of books, written in a foreign language.  Given that Bohemia is now in the Czech Republic I would hazard a guess and say that the books are written in Czech, but given that I went with an Irish guy and an Italian guy, none of us could confirm this.

The bar does serve Czech beer though, along with a range of cocktails, including an Apple Pie Tini and a Porcini Tini.  My Italian friend told me that porcini means mushrooms in Italian, which should have tipped me off to the fact that the cocktail contained mushroom flavoured vodka.  But for some reason it didn’t click, which was why I ordered and ended up drinking something that tasted like chocolaty cold mushroom soup with a vodka after taste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment