Sunday, December 23, 2012

El Rincon Quiteno


I’ve wanted to visit this Ecuadorian restaurant, ever since I spotted it as I walked past on my way to Sweet Hands, which was over a year ago.   So I was pretty excited when the Couchsurfing dining group who travel from A to Z of countries via London restaurant picked it for the month of E.  But it turns out that they chose a day where I was busy.   I decided to organise an E for Ecuador take 2 dinner for those who didn’t make it to the first day.  If I’d known Arsenal were playing at home I might have chosen a different evening but these things happen….

 I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, I love Couchsurfing.   Meeting six strangers from the internet in an Ecuadorian restaurant might not sound like everybody’s idea of fun but then if we were all the same the world would be a boring place.

I tried Postobon to drink.  Annette, a German girl who came along and I bought a grape one and an apple one so that we could try both flavours.  They were very sweet and I didn’t particularly like the grape flavour but the apple one was ok.  

To eat I had a plate called Bandeja Paisa which consisted of pork belly, chorizo, rice, avocado, plantain, a friend egg, a bean sauce amongst other things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment