Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cosplay in London

I stupidly went to this event without a camera!  A Cosplay Extravaganza according to the Barbican's website.

www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?ID=11273

I think we missed the main events but it was still interesting to see a few people wandering round in some crazy costumes.  We went to a cosplay talk but the section on the history of cosplay was quite long so we ended leaving before the end.  But I did buy some chocolate pocky so I was happy munching on those!


Cosplay is short for costume play where broadly people dress in costumes (for example representing manga/sci fi/comic characters) but with an element of role play or performance involved.

More info from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay

This was a one off event but I suspect there will be a London cosplay scene if you google around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment