Thursday, October 13, 2011

Turkish coffee break

After a long day of touring round the world in London I needed a little pick me up.  So I was pleased to spot this Turkish stall at Borough Market.  

The woman serving me asked me if I would like the coffee to take away or to sit down.  Not seeing any seats available I said I would have it to take away and wait for a seat.  There was a table with a boy sat by himself with 2 free chairs.  The woman suggested I just go sit down with him, to which I replied that his parents might want to sit with him if they were around.  'Oh, that's my son' the woman said before promptly turfing him out of his seat to go sit behind the counter.

Unfortunately a hovering couple immediately bagged the table.  Seeing my sad little face, the woman gave me a free Turkish delight, which was delicious! And I managed to get a seat in the end, sat right by the till.



No comments:

Post a Comment